Pax East 2013 (@official_pax)
IGN - “Not only did BioWare talk about the status of the Mass Effect movie, but they also touched on their new game that’ll be coming out of the Edmonton studio.”
Fenris and Sebastian at Pax East! Thanks for letting me take your picture you two. Great cosplay :3
This is a reminder that Fuck Yeah BioWare does not support anyone whose criticism of BioWare or their employees is less than constructive. When talking to the many employees on twitter or other websites, please keep in mind how hard they worked on these games. Try to be respectful and remember that everyone deserves be treated with kindness, no matter how much your opinions may differ.
Thank you for understanding!
Now back to the BioWare love <3
Mass Effect 3 Panel at PAX East:
Part 1 above
- They say that fans are what make them go the extra mile.
- They asked for a show of hands about favorite ME game. A few hands went up for ME1, a ton went up for ME2, and a few for ME3. Followed by the crack, “I guess we should just spend the whole panel talking about ME2 then.”
- They started asking the audience which decisions/preferences they had. When they got to “Quarian or Geth?” a few people shouted answers, but there wasn’t a big outcry, so I took the opportunity to shout PEACE! as loud as I could, which met with enthusiastic cheering.
- They showed a trailer for the new multiplayer DLC (announced this morning?) which met with huge response from the crowd. Apparently it will be free (keep going for that goodwill, BioWare).
- They re-emphasized that the ending DLC will be “clarification, not reimagining the endings.” However, they did say that both Weekes and Dombrow will be involved in writing it.
- They said the DLC will be “more than just a few new cinematics; more than just a coat of paint.”
- They talked a bit about game stats and complexity: how complex the Normandy alone was, the number of branching paths each game had, etc. and how ME3 was substantially more complex than predecessors.
- They talked a bit about the writing of Mordin/the Genophage arc, which met with much audience approval
- Dombrow was responsible for writing Garrus, Wrex, and Javik
- Weekes referred to Tali as his “waifu” at one point, to much applause from the audience
- Weekes said that people on the Citadel did survive; each section of the Citadel is largely self-contained and emergency-sealed, so most of the people on it are actually okay.
- Someone in the audience asked a question on their philosophy of only accepting constructive criticism, and how “artistic integrity” should enable them to accept all criticism. This met with much applause, and they went on to clarify (har har) that when they say “constructive” they just mean people who are saying more than “this sucks, you suck.”
- Someone asked, “If you could throw one character other than Shepard into the synthesis ending [I assume he meant the Synthesis beam thing], who would it be?” Priestly shouted “Marauder Shields!”